Thursday, December 02, 2004

i was a child all over again

today's quite an eventful day... watched a children's play at DBS arts centre entitled "Rumpelstiltskin", went to snow city and had a wonderful buffet-style dinner after that all for FREE! haha. All thanks to DBS. Heh. Was there with the sunday school kids. Was supposed to be there taking care of the kids... The boys are soooo cheeky... a bunch of monkeys, i would say, but they're so cute! Kids, hmm,they seem to think that boys/girls that stand next to each other are boyfriends/girlfriends. Caleb was standing next to me when Kenneth asked if we had a bf/gf relationship... *rolls eyes* Being gd buddies, we decided to play along with the kids--- pretending we're bf/gf. After a while, Joshua came and stood beside me... Tada! i've got myself a new boyfriend (who's 13 yrs old, btw) -_-'''

met zen after he knocked off since i was so near the science centre... went to jurong library to borrow some books... after which, we set off for home. Started on one of the books. Think it's quite a good one. "Mad elaine" by Helen Stevenson. Let me type out an excerpt from the book which i found was particularly lovely.

"all the other bits of you

We all want to get into each other's lives, somehow. We all want to be other people as well as being ourselves. That's why people read and write. I've worked that out, sitting at my desk in the library all these years. I'm not knocking it. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I just think people don't realize that it's a sort of deep-seated human longing to be everyone else at the same time as yourself. I mean, not in the sense that you want to be the girl behind the check-out at Tesco's, or the meat counter, even worse, but that u want to be able to get outside ur skin and fish in other people's hearts and minds, and feel their breath in your throat, the way it chills the back of ur passages and reminds u of all the other bits of u, and run ur finger down the little crack in their hearts sometimes. It's like seeing everything from the inside. I wanted to be Martin seeing me, and me seeing Martin all at once."



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home