Sunday, May 29, 2005

read, read, read

I've been reading a lot lately. Went to the library yesterday and i'm already into my second book.

Finished this book entitled "behind everyman" by David Israel. This fiction book is written all in 2nd person narrative and the protagonist has no name. Hmm, interesting. Something different from what i've read so far. I like it. The author's real funny too. Haha. My sis shot me a "u're-a-nut-case" look when i suddenly burst out laughing while reading. Oh well, I'm used to getting that look from her. Haha. Well, that says a lot, doesn't it?

Borrowed this other book by Tom Holt. Haven't started on that, though. Shall start on it after i finish the current one i'm reading. I'm into reading comedies now. Yea. Something to brighten up my otherwise, bleak and mundane days. Something to bring a smile to my face.

Didn't manage to find a number of books that i wanted to read. Tough luck. I'll try again the next time i visit the library.

Leaving for chuch camp on tuesday. Results will be out on thursday while i'm still away in camp. Good. I don't really fancy knowing my grades, anyway.

9 Comments:

Blogger lbandit said...

Sometimes, when i've got the radiowaves plugged into my ears via my earphones, and then the deejays say something funny, i'll just laugh out loud. Then ppl/strangers all around me will give me weird looks. They must've be thinking that i came from Buangkok Green Medical Park. Heh, can't be more right.

30/5/05  
Blogger david said...

great to hear you liked my novel, behind everyman. how'd you hear about it?

1/6/05  
Blogger Hwee Ping said...

Heh. I was just browsing through the books in the library and came across your novel by accident. I'm glad it caught my attention. It was an excellent read! :)

5/6/05  
Blogger david said...

interesting! which library?????

5/6/05  
Blogger Hwee Ping said...

Eh, i borrowed one copy from Orchard library in Singapore (if u know where that is, Orchard library, i mean. Not Singapore). Why would you want to know which library,anyway? :P They should have a couple of copies in the other library branches as well. :)

5/6/05  
Blogger david said...

'cause it's not every day that you learn that your book is in a library in singapore!

excellent news!

were you the first to sign it out?

5/6/05  
Blogger Hwee Ping said...

I don't know if i'm the first to borrow the book. The book seems to be pretty new and in a good condition, though. Any new works coming up soon?

5/6/05  
Blogger david said...

email me, so we don't have to use your website for such correspondence. ok?

6/6/05  
Blogger Hwee Ping said...

Alrite. Oh, and i forgot to add in the previous comment that it's not everyday that you get a writer to read and drop comments on ur blog. Heh. :)

6/6/05  

Post a Comment

<< Home