Tuesday, March 15, 2005

english high tea, anyone?

I'm still feeling super full from the english high tea that i had at oriental hotel... Dad has this voucher for high tea buffet for 2 at cafe de artiste...

Was supposed to meet mum at 3pm outside marina square's macdonald's. To my horror, when i got there (marina sq)... I realized that the whole building's under renovation. *argh* I don't know where mac is now... Walked one whole round to get to the other entrance where macdonald's was supposed to be... and i couldn't find mum. Thought that my sis would be there too. So i tried calling her hp, but she didn't switch it on! What's the use of having a phone when u don't ever turn it on?!?!?!

I was hot, tired and hungry by then... and, of cos, not to mention, frustrated. So i walked back to raffles link and sat at pac coffee, ordered a potato salad and wait for my phone to ring. Luckily, it wasn't long before mum called me on my phone.

I thought the high tea was at marina mandrain... went to the 4th storey and couldn't find the place. Asked the receptionist and realized that i'm at the WRONG HOTEL! *doink* Oriental hotel is the hotel next to marina mandrain. But to get there, i had to walk round the whole marina sq cos it's under construction.

So, after walking for quite a distance under the sweltering heat, i managed to reach ORIENTAL HOTEL... went up to the 4th storey... that's where the cafe's supposed to be... and realized that the cafe's not there anymore! The hotel underwent quite massive renovations, apparently. When i was about to break down and start crying, this guy (some manager or somebody) came up to me and asked if i needed help cos i looked quite lost. And i started explaining everything to him... Really helpful guy, i would say. The voucher expires on 31st march and the cafe will only reopen some time in april.

Things ended up being, me and mum used the voucher at this other cafe. I had a english high tea set and mum had asian. I was really impressed with their standard of customer service. The staff were really friendly and nice. But the food was only average. (and not really worth the money, if i had to pay.)

Shopped around for a bit before i headed off for home. Retail therapy really works. I'm feeling happy. *whee*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home